TRACK: NEPEWASSI RIDE
AREA: Region: Markstay Warren North
West of Verner
DISTANCE: 122 km.
ACCESS: Drive to Verner Arena, a ten minute drive west of Sturgeon Falls on highway 17.
There are plenty of parking spaces besides the arena.
CAUTION: Because most of the ride is on back roads, it must be noted to take care of oncoming
traffic. The shoulders of the road are not that wide.
– Leaving south of the arena turn right on Gingras avenue.
– Cross hwy. 64 to Riviere road, following parallel to the railroad tracks and
then turn left on old Hwy 17, now called St Amour road.
– Cross hwy 17, at the A frame house on Deer Lake road.
– Turn left on Poultry road which will change to Pine Poultry road.
– Turn right on hwy. 539, then left on Rabbit Trail road, cross hwy. 535 and
continue straight on Husky Trail road.
– Turn left on Dondo road, right on Ratter Lake road to Markstay.
– In Markstay turn left on Main street south and cross Hwy. 17.
– Follow Nepewassi Lake road up to Mountain View Lodge.
– Going back follow the same trail up Hwy. 539 south to the town of Warren.
– Cross Hwy. 17 at the Shell station and continue on Nipissing road.
– Turn right on Sutcliffe road, left on Stewart road, and left on Gervais road.
– Turn right on MacKannas road, then straight on McDonald road.
– Turn left on North road and then left on St. Amour road.
– Cross the railway to take Riviere street, the Gingras back to the arena
– This seems to be a lot of directions but allows for no error. Modifications can
be made to the ride since there are many side roads to choose from.
ASSOCIATED TRACKS: From this track you can make up your own ride. All of the trails are
on Municipal roads so you follow the provincial map.