TRACK: BOISVENUE RIDE
AREA: Region: Sturgeon Falls, Field & Marten River
Field northeast to Marten Lake
DISTANCE: 72 km.
ACCESS: From Field or leaving Sturgeon Falls via Clear Lake Road.
– From Field travel 5.5 km. S.E. following the abandoned railway track and just before the bridge crossing the Sturgeon River turn left. Travel east for 3 km. following an old logging road. For the next 5 km. follow the snowmobile trail. Some places are beautiful with the pure maple bush. There are spots that are muddy and caution should prevail. Going here can be rated as a 4.
– Once meeting the pole line, follow this right through to the extension of Pike Lake road. This is where the ride meets up with the Marten River Ride. If you wish, you can continue on down Pike Lake Road to Hwy. 64 and Field. This makes for a short but interesting day.
– Turn right and when we meet the pole line turn left and continue on just before Rat Lake and turn up the pole line trail.
– Continue passing a hunt camp and onto a fork in the road. Turn right. Left will bring us to Mayotte’s camp.
– A short distance ahead, we follow the edge of a swamp. This can be tricky so with caution take the corduroy road to the right. Continue on to the main trail and turn right. Follow the main trail 3 km. and turn left at the fork. Right will lead you to a hunt camp and will follow the King Run.
– Cross the bridge spanning Holdridge Creek and a short distance away, you will reach a road going east-west. If you turn right, this will lead you to Camp Nine Lake and a beautiful camping spot. Turn left continuing on to the pole line.
– Turn left crossing Holdridge Creek again and follow the pole line trail right through to Pike Lake Road. Do not make any turns.
– Head down Pike Lake Road to Hwy 64 and to Field and the parking spot where the ride started.
The Club held this ride in 2019 and the section leaving the abandoned rail bed was muddy and hard going. Caution is advised.
Revised 01/15/2020Download File