Just a note to fill you in on the results of our map committee meeting. The committee is made up of Sue & Perry Brown, Bob Martin, Art Constantineau and Barry Beauchamp. We set the purpose of the committee and established the duties. Some of the resolutions were:
- We will not make available a map booklet but publish maps, tracks and ride descriptions on the webpage. Members can download the information to make their own book if they wish to do so.
- The rides have been divided into 7 regions and the rides ( 40 in all) will be classified into these regions.
- We have 8 rides that will be recommended to the ride committee for 2018. Description will be made for them.
- Next we will update all the rides for 2017 with a map and new description. They will be posted on the webpage.
- Next we will update all the rides for 2016 with the same process.
- A new general map 17 X 22 inches will be made for new members to be included in their welcome package.
- Two map books will be made with all regions, rides, maps and descriptions included in them. They will be available to the map and ride committees.
- All rides will be updated as they change.
- Older rides will be evaluated and some deleted from the webpage.
You can see that this is a lot of work but the information is available. Two draft booklets have already been made by Art and myself and we hope to have all done by mid- February.
Bob Martin will be having a ride committee meeting on January 31, Wednesday at 7:00 pm at the Comfort Inn in the large hall. Arrangements have been made. An email will be sent to all members next week.